Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Checking in!!

As you can see, it's been awhile since I've updated my blog. The reason for this is the birth of my beautiful new Grandson, Tyson. I was able to go to Utah for 2 1/2 weeks to help take care of Porter, when my new Grandson arrived. He came to the world on June 21st, 2010 weighing in at 7 lbs. 0 ozs. and was 20 inches long. I have to let you in on a secret....I discovered that I was really nervous about the delivery of this sweet baby, because I knew 'my baby' was going in for surgery. The closer the date of arrival came, the more apprehensive I was. Surgery isn't something small, and the thought of my daughter going under the knife was difficult for me. I prayed a lot for the surgeon, my daughter and my grandson, and my prayers were answered. Isn't he just the most adorable little guy?? Here's a picture of him right after he was born:

I had a great visit with Stacy, Jared, Porter and Tyson. I was also able to spend time with Jeff, as well as Scott and Kyle who came for the birth a bit later. We missed having Robbie there, but we were grateful he was home taking care of the house and the dogs. He has two jobs which made leaving difficult.

We had the opportunity to attend the semi-annual Porter Family Reunion. Scott, myself, Jeff and Kyle all attended, as well as Scott's Mom, sister, nephew Kevin and his wife Sara and son Kade. We were just a sprinkling of family members because Scott's mom was one of 13 kids, so you can imagine the numbers. Of the 13 kids, there are three still with us. Scott's mom, who's 94, Uncle Jay and Aunt Elaine. I don't know their ages, but they're somewhere close I'm presuming!! :)

Just prior to leaving for Utah, I got a call regarding a job. Because I've been on unemployment, I've been looking out for jobs so I could truthfully say I was actively looking. BUT...I wasn't planning on getting serious until after the baby came. But when I saw this job description (A/P, Property Mgmnt. Yardi software, in Folsom) it was as if I wrote the perfect job for me. I sent a resume' and went for a job interview a couple weeks before leaving, but thought I didn't get it since I hadn't heard anything. Then, a couple days before my flight out, they called and offered me the job. There has been a hold on a property they were acquiring, so the job is on hold until August, but it's mine for the taking. I need more details, but I was happy to be offered the position on the first (and only) job I applied for.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my time off. I have been spending my time sunning, and reading, and relaxing as best I can. I'm actually getting some color on my legs that I don't have to wear stockings to church anymore. Oh, and speaking of church....I was just called to the Young Women's President. I am excited about that because I love the Young Women in our ward, and enjoy the program very much. Guess my blogspot name of "Trying to stay busy" will soon change for me. Whoo Hoo.