Thursday, July 22, 2010

That's Not Fair!!!



I'm a little bit peeved right now, and I need to blow off some steam. I've been going a little stir crazy lately waiting for my job to start in August. It seemed as if the days were dragging by. So, I ended up calling my new employer to touch basis and find out the details of my employment. I left a voice mail message, and two days later, I got a return call. The gentleman (and I use that term loosely) who hired me a month and a half ago called me back and basically told me that the job he offered me was no longer available, and I should continue my job search!! WHAT?? I was in shock at what he was saying, and ended the phone call with a very timid 'okay, thank you'. But the more time I had to digest it, the more upset I became. I can't believe a company would tell you that you have the job, ask you to wait to start for a month and a half, then just say 'never mind'!!! I keep trying to tell myself that it's not a big deal. I only applied because the job seemed so perfect, and I wasn't actually going to start looking till after the baby came, and maybe not at all, if our new business needed my attention. That is a really poor way to run a business.

So now, I have looked once again to see what jobs are available out there. I haven't come across anything that is quite as perfect as this one...but I'll keep looking. I know that my Heavenly Father has something in mind for me, and so I'm comforted with that thought. I'm trying to stay busy, once again, but there's only so much time taken up with looking on-line for jobs and checking my email. I'm reading like crazy and have really enjoyed the books written by LDS authors. They are so uplifting for me and many times educational. I have been able to buy quite a few good books at the Deseret Thrift Store both here and in Utah, and I've probably gone through close to 50 books by now. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook. One good thing to come out of this is that I was really hoping to be able to travel with Scott to Los Angeles and visit my dad, and I didn't think I'd be able to - beginning a new job. Now, unless something changes very quickly, I think I'll be able to do that. Hey, maybe if I'm still out of commission in September, I'll try to get in a visit to Disneyland and
Disney's California Adventure (one of my favorite places on earth)!!