Thursday, August 5, 2010

Patience is a Virtue!!!

Okay, you'd think I'd be so happy having lots of time off, not working, basking in the sun and reading? Actually, it sounds pretty darn nice. And in fact, it is.



But I'm going absolutely stir crazy. How long does it take from the time you send in a resume' till the time you get contacted?? Now I know I won't get calls from every job I apply for, but goodness, shouldn't I hear from some?? I know, I know. It's only been two weeks at the most, and some are only days out there. But I'm getting really anxious and frustrated. I keep looking at the phone, willing it to ring!!!



I try to stay busy, and the fact of the matter is, I have probably read between 50-75 books since I was laid off. I love to read, and I love sitting in the sun. Why complain? I'm getting a nice tan, and I've discovered the uplifting experience of reading books written by LDS authors. It's really helped me increase my testimony. I don't mean to whine, I guess I'm just anxious to get back to work and start contributing to society. I need to finish a cross stitching project I started for my grandson, Tyson. But I just don't feel motivated to do any of that, and I feel sort of depressed that I don't have a job lined up. I know there are a lot of people in my boat, and I'm grateful that we're not struggling financially. I keep praying for a good job to come my way, and I know that it will when the time is right. Of this I am sure. And, of course, I am being fairly selective as to what I apply for. I guess I need to just calm down and wait for the right thing to come along. I hope I don't go crazy in the meantime.